Wednesday, February 18, 2009

100% Whole Wheat Bread

Hi y'all! My name is Annette. I am Jamie's oldest sister. I was telling her about the bread recipe I just acquired. This is the best whole wheat bread recipe. I have tried many recipes, but this one is the winner and is super simple to make. You add a vitamin C to the recipe to make it light. I also used white whole wheat. This makes 3 generous sized loaves of bread.

1/2 c. warm water (110 degrees)
2 TBSP yeast
1 TBSP sugar
5 c. hot water
7 c. whole wheat flour
3/4 c. oil (I used canola oil)
3/4 c. honey or sugar (I used honey)
2 TBSP salt
5 to 6 c. whole wheat flour
1,000 mg Vitamin C, crushed or powdered

Mix warm water, yeast and sugar and set in a warm place. Combine 5 cups hot water with 7 cups whole wheat flour, oil, honey (or sugar), and salt. Mix well. Add yeast mixture, remaining flour and vitamin C. Knead 10 minutes. Let rise until double. Push down then divide dough into equal portions and shape into loaves. Place into 3 greased loaf pans. Let rise only 1/2 (approximately even with the top of pan). Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

1 comment: