Monday, February 9, 2009

Cheesecake-Topped Brownies



This is what I made for the pot luck Sunday. I thought I would post it, it's very easy to make and I thought it was good!


Cheesecake-Topped Brownies
Makes 3 to 3-1/2 dozen brownies
Prep Time 20 minutes
Bake Time 40 to 45 minutes

Ingredients:
1 (19.5- or 22-ounce, family size) package fudge brownie mix

1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened

2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened

1 tablespoon cornstarch

1 (14-ounce) can EAGLE BRAND Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 egg

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Ready-to-spread chocolate frosting

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare brownie mix as package directs. Spread into well-greased 13X9-inch baking pan. (I lined the pan with foil, and it made it much easier to remove the brownies from the pan.)

2. In large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and cornstarch until fluffy.
3. Gradually beat in EAGLE BRAND, egg and vanilla until smooth. Pour cheesecake mixture evenly over brownie batter.

4. Bake 45 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Cool. Spread with frosting. Cut into bars.* Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.


* These were even better the next day, cold. So make them the day before and serve cold! Yum!

Tip: I saw this in Family Circle. When lining a pan with foil, "place the pan upside down on counter and shape foil over outside. Flip pan over and tuck shaped piece inside."
I know that probably sounds silly but I used this tip when making these brownies and it actually made it a lot easier to line the pan with foil.

No comments:

Post a Comment