Thursday, March 26, 2009

Smitten Kitchen Recipes

I regularly read the Smitten Kitchen blog and find awesomely delicious recipes. Here is a sampling of my favorites so far:

Acorn Squash Quesadillas-
I've made these quesadillas twice now and they're delicious. Brian thinks they're a little too sweet for his taste, but I love the flavors. The first time I made them I also made the Tomatillo Salsa included in the recipe listing and it was good, but added another step. Since we have a Costco-sized container of salsa now I skipped this step the second time around. Also, I did what the blog author said and used Meunster cheese and it was delicious! Meunster is now my new favorite for quesadillas and grilled cheese sandwiches.

Arroz con Pollo-
This recipe makes a ton of food - which is good because the leftovers are great! We usually get rid of some of the chorizo fat once it renders, but keep some to spread the flavor. Also, I have made the recipe as stated and used chicken thighs and legs, but breast meat would be awesome, too! For the beer, we just used more chicken broth.

Caramel Cake-
Delicious! This was Brian's birthday cake choice last year and we loved it. If you follow the recipe as written the caramel is thin (not like the pictures on the blog) so cook it a little longer if you want the consistency shown by the blog author (use your candy thermometer to get the low end of the soft ball stage).

White Bean Roasted Red Pepper Dip-
This was great as a veggie dip and with crackers/pita bread.

Dimply Plum Cake-
Flavorful and moist cake that we've made multiple times.

Other recipes I want to try:
For Jan and Jenny:

No comments:

Post a Comment