Wednesday, March 11, 2009

This is what we ate last week...

Here are a couple of items from our menu last week.  I didn't type out the entire recipes (because I am feeling lazy), but gave you the link and any changes I made (which wasn't much).  Both recipes come from The Pioneer Woman -- she makes good stuff.

Penne with Shrimp - This was a huge hit with my kids.  It was delicious.  My kids don't like the full-size penne and I usually have to cut them in half.  I tried the Barilla Mini Penne and they were the perfect size.  I used 1 c. chicken broth in place of the white wine.

Chicken Spaghetti - I have made this several times.  It makes quite a bit so I usually split it between two square dishes and freeze one for future use.  Instead of cooking the chicken I usually buy a rotisserie chicken from Costco, debone it, and use two cups of the meat (using the rest for something else).  Wherever it calls for chicken broth, I use the store bought stuff or chicken bouillon cubes.  Sometimes I put the pimentos in, sometimes I don't.  I don't put the Cayenne pepper in either, maybe later when my kids' taste buds are a bit more mature.  This is another meal my kids devour.

No comments:

Post a Comment